Fire Safety: What You Need To Know
We’re working to make sure that fire safety is the best it can possibly be in your home. You can help us keep you and your neighbours safe by following the rules and advice below:
- Barbecues are not allowed. Barbecues must not be used anywhere in the block, including balconies.
- Don’t leave anything flammable on your balcony—E.g. paper or cardboard.
- Don’t put things in your corridor or landings. They must be kept completely clear. Some materials can burn during a fire, blocking exit routes and firefighters.
- Don’t prop open fire doors. Closed fire doors help to stop flames from spreading.
- Test your smoke detector regularly. It’s good to check it every week.
- Please use the rubbish chutes for household waste only and don’t put anything lit down them. Other items may block the chutes.
- Contact us to remove other items (e.g. carpets, flooring, furniture). Visit manchester.gov.uk/bulkywaste
We've updated our Fire Safety Advice here...