Hobin’s Community Fund provides grant funding to groups and organisations to help them make a sustainable, positive impact across north Manchester.
You don’t have to be a constituted group, charity or company to apply – as long as the work you’re planning is of lasting value to the people of north Manchester, we want to work with you to make it happen.
We're looking for applications that will make a long-term impact on areas including:
- health and wellbeing / social isolation
- green spaces / environmental improvements
- supporting young people
How Hobin’s Community Fund works
Hobin’s Community Fund provides grants to support long-term community based projects in our three neighbourhood areas:
- Cheetham (including Cheetham, Blackley and Crumpsall)
- Monsall (including Moston, Harpurhey, Collyhurst and Newton Heath)
- White Moss (including Higher Blackley, Charlestown and New Moston)
There’s £9,000 in total. And in each of those three areas, we have £3,000 to distribute between ALL applicants. How we divide that depends on what each successful application requires and how we believe the funding can be best distributed to have the most impact. No single application will receive all £3,000.
Even if we can't give you the full amount you need, we will work with you to help you find other ways of achieving your goal.
Applications will open from Monday 3rd April, and close on Friday 21st April.
If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to a Hobin's Community Fund event to pitch your idea to people living and working in your neighbourhood area who will vote for the project they’d like to be funded...
- Monsall: Newton Heath Library - Monday 22 May, 6-7.30pm
- White Moss: Simpson Memorial Building - Tuesday 16 May, 6-7.30pm
- Cheetham: Mirfield Gardens - Wednesday 24 May, 6-7.30pm
Even if your project doesn’t get shortlisted, we are keen to work with everyone doing great things in our neighbourhoods.
We want to work with all groups seeking to make a positive long-term impact in our communities. So if you apply, whether your application is successful or not, we’ll look for ways to support you to achieve your goals.