Manchester City Council Housing tenants must repair or replace any fence, hedge or gate themselves.
1. We have a very small amount of money to spend on this work every year, so it is used to help only those people who need it the most and cannot afford to pay for the work themselves.
We will only consider replacing fences, hedges or gates if one of the following applies:
- The work is part of a plan agreed by us to deal with anti-social behaviour
- Someone’s safety may be at risk (such as young children living close to a busy road)
- The home has elderly and/or vulnerable people living in it
- The home is particularly exposed (such as a corner location or by a busy cut-through)
2. We sometimes repair or replace fencing, gates or hedges on empty homes if we think that will make it easier to let them.
3. We may repair or replace a number of fences or gates if we’re doing improvement work in a particular area. However, this depends on funding.